For information about upcoming events, please click on the headings below:
- The 9th Cambridge Cancer Centre Annual Symposium - 06 June 2016
- School of Clinical Medicine Mental Health Awareness Programme
06 June 2016
The 9th annual Cambridge Cancer Centre Annual Symposium will take place on Monday 6 June 2016 from 9.00-18.00 at the Cancer Research UK Cambridge Institute.
The programme will include talks from the following:
- Ben Ebert, Harvard
- Scott Lowe, Memorial Sloan Kettering
Invited speakers include:
- Bertie Göttgens - Defining Stem Cell States and Regulatory Networks using Single Cell Genomics
- Brian Huntly - Epigenetic dysregulation in haematological malignancies
- Elisa Laurenti - Transcriptional regulation of human haematopoietic stem cells
- Markus Mueschen - Signalling thresholds and metabolic checkpoints in B cell malignancies
- George Vassiliou - Identifying genetic vulnerabilities in acute myeloid leukaemia using CRISPR drop-out screens
Would you like to present your work?:
To be considered for a short talk or the poster presentation, please submit an abstract of up to 150 words by Wednesday 20 April 2016 - submit abstract here.
If you would like to attend - register here.
The Clinical School has launched a new “Raising Mental Health Awareness Programme”.
The aim of the programme is to raise awareness of mental health and the implications of mental ill-health for Clinical School staff across the Biomedical Campus, as one in four of us will experience a mental health problem at some point during our lives.
Mental ill health ranges from feeling “stressed” or “a bit down” to more common disorders such as anxiety and depression and much more rarely, mental illnesses such as OCD, bipolar or schizophrenia.
For further information about the programme and a programme timetable, please see: http://www.medschl.cam.ac.uk/human-resources/wellbeing-feeling-good-and-functioning-well/mental-health-awareness-programme/