For information about upcoming events, please click on the headings below:
- Cambridge Cancer Centre Early Detection Programme Luanch Event - 18 January 2016
- School of Clinical Medicine Mental Health Awareness Programme - 11 May - 03 December 2015
18 January 2016
The Cambridge Cancer Centre will be holding an event to launch their Early Detection Programme, which they have recently established as a key priority.
The event will be held at the Cancer Research UK Cambridge Institute, Li Ka Shing Centre, Robinson Way, Cambridge CB2 0RE from 15:00 - 18:00.
- Dr Harpal Kumar, CEO of Cancer Research UK, will speak about the importance of early detection for Cancer Research UK.
- Professor Sir Peter Gregson (Vice Chancellor, Cranfield University) will address the audience about the importance of cross-disciplinary research, as well as his own personal experience of an early cancer diagnosis.
- Newly funded early detection research projects will also be presented.
- A drinks reception will follow the talks.
This event will be an exciting opportunity to meet and network with clinicians and scientists from across the many disciplines involved in cancer early detection work.
If you would like to attend please register at: http://www.eventbrite.com/e/cambridge-cancer-centre-early-detection-programme-launch-tickets-19040002159
Email Catherine Atkins at: firstname.lastname@example.org
11 May - 03 December 2015
The Clinical School has launched a new “Raising Mental Health Awareness Programme”.
The aim of the programme is to raise awareness of mental health and the implications of mental ill-health for Clinical School staff across the Biomedical Campus, as one in four of us will experience a mental health problem at some point during our lives.
Mental ill health ranges from feeling “stressed” or “a bit down” to more common disorders such as anxiety and depression and much more rarely, mental illnesses such as OCD, bipolar or schizophrenia.
For further information about the programme and a programme timetable, please see: http://www.medschl.cam.ac.uk/human-resources/wellbeing-feeling-good-and-functioning-well/mental-health-awareness-programme/