For information about upcoming events, please click on the headings below:
- The 4th Wellcome Trust Epigenomics of Common Diseases conference - 28 to 31 October 2014
- CRUK Cambridge Institute Symposium: Unanswered Questions in Cancer and the Immune System - 20 & 21 March 2015
- Cambridge Pancreatic Cancer Symposium 2015 - 01 May 2015
- Advanced courses, scientific conferences and workshops at the Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute - 2014 calendar
28 - 31 October 2014
The 4th Wellcome Trust Epigenomics of Common Diseases conference will be held at the University Arms Hotel, Cambridge, UK on 28-31 October 2014.
The conference will bring together leading scientists from the fields of epigenomics, genetics and bioinformatics to discuss the latest developments in this fast-moving field.
The focus of the conference will be on epigenomic studies across a wide range of common and other diseases. It will explore the validation and replication of epigenome-wide association studies, and discuss the latest functional studies and model systems to understand epigenomic regulation. The 2014 programme will also include a debate on transgenerational epigenetic inheritance.
Abstracts can be submitted from all areas relevant to epigenetic and epigenomic research. Several oral presentations will be chosen from the abstracts submitted.
Topics will include:
- Epigenomics of disease
- Model systems: animal and cellular models
- Epigenetic gene regulation
- Epigenetic epidemiology
- Transgenerational epigenomics
- Integration of genomics and epigenomics
- Informatics and technology
- Environmental epigenomics
Scientific Programme Committee:
- Stephan Beck University College London, UK
- Susan Clark The Garvan Institute of Medical Research, Australia
- Andy Feinberg Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, USA
- Caroline Relton University of Bristol, UK
- Manolis Kellis, MIT, USA
- Tony Kouzarides, Gurdon Institute, UK
- Andrea Baccarelli, Harvard School of Public Health, USA
- George Davey-Smith, University of Bristol, UK
- Brian Dias, Emory University, USA
- Andy Feinberg, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, USA
- Anne Ferguson-Smith, University of Cambridge, UK
- Steve Horvath, University of California, Los Angeles, USA
- Eva Jablonka, Tel-Aviv University, Israel
- Andrew Jaffe, Lieber Institute for Brian Development, USA
- Xiaole Shirley Liu, Dana Farber Cancer Institute/Harvard University, USA
- Rob Martienssen, Cold Spring Harbor, USA
- Mark McCarthy, Oxford University, UK
- Alexander Meissner, Harvard University, USA
- Tim Mercer, The Garvan Institute of Medical Research, Australia
- Wolf Reik, Babraham Institute, UK
- Caroline Relton, University of Bristol, UK
- Paolo Sassone-Corsi, University of California, USA
- Henk Stunnenberg, Radboud University, Netherlands
- Benjamin Tycko, Columbia University, USA
- Emma Whitelaw, QIMR Berghofer Medical Research Institute, Australia
Abstract and Bursary deadline: 9 September 2014 and registration deadline: 30 September 2014.
For further information, including how to register, please see: https://registration.hinxton.wellcome.ac.uk/display_info.asp?id=441
20 & 21 March 2015
The 2015 CRUK CI Symposium will take place on Friday 20 and Saturday 21 March 2015, at the Li Ka Shing Centre, Cambridge, UK.
The conference will discuss key issues in cancer immunology in four sessions:
- Tumour microenvironment
- New approaches to monitoring immune cell therapy
- Human cancer and autochthonous tumour models
To register an interest, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please see the CRUK CI website for further inofrmation: http://www.cruk.cam.ac.uk/seminars-conferences/cri-symposium
01 May 2015
The next symposium will be held on Friday 01 May 2015 at the Cancer Research UK Cambridge Institute, University of Cambridge.
For more details please click here.
Further information about the Cambridge Pancreatic Centre can be found on the centre's website: http://www.cambridge-pcc.org/index.html
For information about Wellcome Trust courses, scientific conferences and workshops, click here: http://www.wellcome.ac.uk/Education-resources/Courses-and-conferences/Advanced-Courses-and-Scientific-Conferences/