Information about Research Group Leaders in Oncology
Prof. Shankar Balasubramanian
Departmental title: Associated Professor.
University Department(s): Home - Chemistry; Associated - Oncology.
Other Affiliation(s): Cancer Research UK Cambridge Research Institute (CR-UK CRI).
Department of Oncology position(s) held: Associated Professor and Associated Senior Research Group Leader at CR-UK CRI.
Other position(s) held: Herchel Smith Professor of Medicinal Chemistry and Research Group Leader, Department of Chemistry.
- Postal address: Department of Chemistry, The University Chemical Laboratory, Lensfield Road, Cambridge, CB2 1EW.
- Email: email@example.com
- PA: Kate Nix/Lucie Riches; Tel. 01223 767498; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Other relevant links:
Applicants for graduate courses (PhD and MPhil):
- In the first instance, please check the CR-UK CRI website for availability of PhD studentships: http:/www.cambridgecancer.org.uk/jobs-and-studentships/phd-studentships/.
- If you wish to apply for other sources of funding please contact me to discuss whether I am able to offer you a project BEFORE you submit your online GRADSAF application form for admission to the University.
- If I am able to offer you a position, you should then make your online GRADSAF application to the Department of Chemistry or Oncology (I will advise, as this depends on where you will be based) and state my name in section A(12) of the form.
Title: Structure, Function and Recognition of Nucleic Acids.
For a list of publications within each of the Balasubramanian group's research projects, please click on the following headings: