Information about Research Group Leaders in Oncology
Dr. Rebecca Fitzgerald
Departmental title: Associated Senior Research Group Leader.
University Department(s): Associated - Oncology.
Other Affiliation(s): Medical Research Council Cancer Cell Unit (MRC CCU), Hutchison/MRC Research Centre; Associate Faculty, Cancer Research UK Cambridge Research Institute (CR-UK CRI).
Department of Oncology position(s) held: Associated Senior Research Group Leader at MRC CCU, Hutchison/MRC Research Centre.
Other position(s) held: Honorary Consultant Physician, Addenbrooke's NHS Trust; Director of Studies for Medical Sciences, Trinity College, Cambridge.
- Postal address: Hutchison/MRC Research Centre, Box 197, Hills Road, Cambridge CB2 0XZ.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Other relevant links:
- Medical Research Council Cancer Cell Unit (MRC CCU)
- Cambridge Cancer Centre (CCC) personal page
- Department of Gastroenterology
- Hutchison/MRC Research Centre
- NIHR Cambridge Biomedical Research Centre
Applicants for graduate courses (PhD and MPhil):
- Please contact me to discuss whether I am able to offer you a project BEFORE you submit your online GRADSAF application form for admission to the University.
- If I am able to offer you a position, you should then make your online GRADSAF application to the Department of Oncology and state my name in section A(12) of the form.
Title: Gastro-oesophageal Cancers; Understanding Pathogenesis of Barrett’s Oesophagus and Oesophageal Adenocarcinomas in Order to Improve Disease Management and Patient Care:
- BEST: Barrett’s oesophagus screening trial in a primary cohort using a non-endoscopic sampling device.
- A study to identify Barrett’s oesophagus susceptibility genes.
- NOSE: Nasal or Standard Endoscopy Study.
- COUGAR-01: study of predictive biomarkers in patients with oesophago-gastric cancer treated with chemotherapy.
Overview & further nformation: Please click here
- Clinical trials
- Diagnostics and experimental therapeutics
- Molecular, cellular & structural biology
- Site specific: upper gastro-intestinal tract
- Surgical & clinical research: stomach and oesophagus
For a list of publications please click here.