Information about Research Group Leaders
Prof. Rebecca Fitzgerald
University Department: Oncology; affiliated with the Medical Research Council Cancer Unit (MRC CU).
Positions held: Honorary Consultant Physician, Addenbrooke's NHS Trust; Director of Studies for Medical Sciences, Trinity College, Cambridge and Senior Research Group Leader at MRC CU, Hutchison/MRC Research Centre.
- Postal address:
MRC Cancer Unit
University of Cambridge
Hutchison/MRC Research Centre (Box 197)
Cambridge Biomedical Campus
- Email: RCF29@MRC-CU.cam.ac.uk
Other relevant links:
- Cambridge Cancer Centre (CCC)
- MRC CU
- Department of Gastroenterology
- NIHR Cambridge Biomedical Research Centre
Applicants for graduate courses (PhD and MPhil):
- In the first instance, please check the University's Job Opportunities website for advertised studentships: http://www.jobs.cam.ac.uk/job/?category=6
- Please contact me to discuss whether I am able to offer you a project BEFORE you submit your online GRADSAF application form for admission to the University.
- If I am able to offer you a position, you should then make your online GRADSAF application to the Department of MRC CU and state my name in the "Prospective Supervisor" section of the form.
Title: Gastro-oesophageal Cancers; Understanding Pathogenesis of Barrett’s Oesophagus and Oesophageal Adenocarcinomas in Order to Improve Disease Management and Patient Care:
- BEST: Barrett’s oesophagus screening trial in a primary cohort using a non-endoscopic sampling device.
- A study to identify Barrett’s oesophagus susceptibility genes.
- NOSE: Nasal or Standard Endoscopy Study.
- COUGAR-01: study of predictive biomarkers in patients with oesophago-gastric cancer treated with chemotherapy.
Overview & further information: Please click here
- Clinical trials
- Diagnostics and experimental therapeutics
- Molecular, cellular & structural biology
- Site specific: upper gastro-intestinal tract
- Surgical & clinical research: stomach and oesophagus
For a list of publications please click here.