This section contains University and departmental information about the different types of leave staff may take:
The University'scontains information about the types of leave staff can take:
- Additional leave policy
- Adoption leave policy & procedure
- Adoption leave application form: CHRIS/64
- (Academic) Leave of absence application form: CHRIS/67
- Leave policy - annual leave, leave for academic or professional reasons, leave for personal or family reasons, temporary flexible working
- Maternity leave policy & procedure
- Maternity leave application form: CHRIS/60
- Maternity leave return form: CHRIS/61
- Ordinary Parental Leave Policy
- Parental leave application form: CHRIS/66
- Paternity leave policy & procedure
- Paternity leave application form: CHRIS/65
- Public service or unpaid leave application form: CHRIS/68
- Sickness Absence Policy
- Shared Parental Leave Policy
- Special leave policy
The department abides by the University's Leave Policy (see University's Policies, Procedures and Forms above).
Your annual leave allowance will be stated in your contract of employment with the Department of Oncology. If you wish to take annual leave, you will need to obtain approval from your line manager, i.e complete our deparmental Annual Leave Request Form and return it to our HR Assistant:
The department abides by the University's Sickness Absence Policy (see University's Policies, Procedures and Forms above). If you are ill and cannot attend work you should notify your line manager of your absence by telephone as soon as possible on the first day of absence and before the start of your normal working day. The following details should be provided:
- The nature of the illness or injury;
- The expected approximate length of absence from work;
- Contact details;
- Whether the absence may be due to an injury at work or otherwise perceived to be related to work; and
- Any outstanding or urgent work that requires attention.
There different procedures depending on the length of your absence:
- If you are away for up to 7 days (including weekends) you will need to complete a Sickness self-certificate: CHRIS/62.
- If you are away for 8 days or more, you will need to obtain a Statement of Fitness for Work (or ‘Fit Note’) from a doctor. A fit note will advise that either you are unfit for work or that you may be fit for work subject to reasonable adjustments.
All other leave
You should contact our Business & Operations Manager as soon as possible if you are considering taking any other type of leave (see University's Policies, Procedures and Forms above).
The Business & Operations Manager keeps a centralised record of your leave for each academic year. We advise that you also keep a record of your leave: